Call for Nominations:
Teacher Candidate of the Year
Teacher of the Year
Administrator of the Year
Professor of the Year
Long Island ESOL Conference 2019
Saturday, March 23, 2019
The Long Island ESOL spring conference, "One Size Doesn't Fit All: Multimodal, Multilingual, Multilevel Instruction for ELs", will take place on Saturday, March 23rd, 2019 at Molloy College. The LI ESOL Conference Planning Committee would like to invite you and members of your institution to participate in this event. We are also pleased to announce that we are seeking nominations for four awards in the field of ESOL/Bilingual Education:
- Teacher Candidate of the Year
- Teacher of the Year
- Administrator of the Year
- Professor of the Year
To recognize the exceptional work of each award winner, we will grant a $250 monetary prize. For selection criteria and nomination forms, see below. For more information, please contact Dr. Vicky Giouroukakis, Professor, Division of Education at Molloy College, email@example.com.
Teacher Candidate of the Year Award
Nomination Award, LI ESOL 2019
This award was established by Molloy College's LI ESOL Committee in 2002 to recognize the efforts of outstanding ESOL and Bilingual teacher candidates in the classroom setting. Award winners will be honored at the March 23, 2019 LI ESOL Conference, during the opening ceremony.
The committee will consider the following:
- Teacher candidate in an ESOL or Bilingual program at an accredited institution.
- Evidence of potential for teaching excellence with innovative and effective practices to support ELs/MLLs in the classroom, adhering to specific expectations set forth by both the district and New York State.
- Willingness to devote time to service the ESOL community by attending professional development opportunities, participating in parent and community outreach, understanding and staying up-to-date with current research in the field.
- Active effort to contribute to the education of ELs/MLLs in the school, district, or community through mentoring roles and leadership opportunities.
- Establishing and maintaining respectful, cooperative, and productive relationships with cooperating teachers, administrators, colleagues, students, and parents.
How to Nominate
- A direct administrator must submit a nomination for a potential award recipient.
- The nomination consists of (a) a one- to two-page letter written by their administrator that provides specific examples of the nominee's merit based on the above criteria and (b) a complete curriculum vitae of the nominee.
- Send this completed information to Dr. Vicky Giouroukakis at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 8th, 2019.
The Planning Committee is still working on some of the details,
but additional information regarding the conference, including registration
procedures and proposal details, can be found at: www.molloy.edu/ce/liesol.
Carrie McDermott, Ed. D.
LIESOL Conference Chair and
Assistant Professor & Coordinator of Graduate TESOL Programs
Division of EducationMolloy College
For Further Information Contact:
Division of Continuing Education & Professional Development